
The movers came and packed up and carted off most of my stuff before I flew home to San Diego. When I got back all that was left was what I was hoping would fit in my car. I gathered it in one place and tried to pack it for the trip. The apartment was pretty bare. Looked kind of sad with just the air mattress, and also full circle since that's what it looked like as I moved in.

Finally I got everything strategically packed in the car, able to still see out the back and side windows. I don't know if the Christmas Cactus will survive, but it went in the car. :)

The kitties and I hit the road. They were pretty good for the most part. Lilly often slept in the carrier in the passenger seat, with Monty on top. Sometimes they went to the back seat.


Thanks to a little purchase I made, finally bringing me up to date music-technology-wise and the help of my friend Dawn and her son who taught me how to use the thing and loaded it with music... we had music for the trip on my new Ipod Nano. Thanks Dawn and Josh, you rock (and you helped me to rock)! It's the neatest thing, with the help of an Itrip (a small gadget plugged into the bottom of the Ipod) and a static-y FM radio station, the Ipod plays music through the car stereo - no cords, and better yet - no switching CDs.

The first night we made it (through rainy, windy weather) through Texas, Texarkana and Arkansas (stopping for gas in the town where President Bill Clinton was born - Hope, Arkansas) to West Memphis and stayed at Motel 6, which takes pets. The second day was clear until we stopped for the night, though windy in places. We drove through Tennessee and Kentucky which are very beautiful along the interstates. Especially these trees with purple blossoms. We stayed overnight just north of Dayton Ohio at a Super 8. I was starving after a long day of driving and not much food, so I had dinner at the Waffle House.
No comments:
Post a Comment