Monday, February 25, 2008

Email from parishioner

I just opened my email to a sweet little note from a parishioner. It's affirming in light of my immediate transition. What I wonder about is that if awareness of new ministry and the possibility in recent months has affected my confidence in preaching etc. as I've been getting a few comments about my preaching. While they have always seemed to like it, lately people seem to be seeing something different in it. Or... could it be as my pastoral care prof said... that after a year or so that people would make comments like "you're getting better" and it's not so much that you have changed all that much, but that they've gotten to know you and trust you. Or could it just be the timing of having a certain amount of experience now and that would be showing, even if I was going to stay in my current ministry for a while.
Here's the email:

Dear "Myname" (a.k.a. Sermonus Perfectus)
You were in your element on Sunday. You were inspired and inspiring.
See you Wed.

"Parishioner's name"

Awwww. Thank you. I got some comments that were much the same after the late service on Sunday. I prayed a lot over it on Saturday. Just goes to show that prayers are answered. People heard something they connected to or needed to hear. Thank you God. :)

No comments: