Monday, February 25, 2008

Life and Ministry Changes

I know I've been absent for quite some time. I've been journaling in a written journal for much of the last year to year and a half. I think partly because I have to write slower and it makes me think/reflect/process more. Partly because things were not always going perfectly and I felt it was better to grumble about it in private (and to friends going through similar circumstances by phone) rather than on a public (although anonymous) blog.
I have been a priest for over a year and a month. It has definitely been a learning curve. Even though there have been challenges (and what ministry is without challenges?) it has for the most part been good.

So here's the news. Big change in my immediate future. I'm both excited and anxious about it.

I will be moving from the Southwest U.S. to the Midwest. I will be going from being an Assistant Rector (an assisting priest) at a parish in a relatively large city, to being the new rector (the priest in charge) of a relatively small parish in a small town.

I'm really excited about the fit I see between myself and the parish, and so are they. I've also been impressed with the bishop there and the interactions we've had.

Well I'm going to end this post for now, but may add more later.

No comments: