Wow, I realized when I went to post my website as I left a comment on a blog just how long it's been since I blogged.
I don't know why I haven't, much has been happening, much to process, really I should be blogging about some of this stuff. I don't know why I don't. Maybe it's a fear of being found out. Of putting my struggles and ramblings out there and that at some point someone will run across it and I won't be so anonymous or private.
I think part of it also is time. I have not been making time for journaling. I did journal about our trip some while I was in Europe, but I haven't even really been journaling much in my written journal lately. As I get ready to teach a class on spiritual disciplines, things that help keep us centered and grounded as well as connected to God, I'm mindful that I have been neglecting one of the things that has been beneficial to me.
I mean I journaled during my return to church, I journaled and blogged during my discernment, journaled and blogged during seminary, journaled, but didn't blog as much during my first placement, and then seem to be falling into that pattern here. Yes, I need to think about what it is that's holding me back.
In the meantime I will say I had a great trip in Europe, I was very glad to be at my friend's wedding. I hope to post some photos. I had a great visit with my family when they came out about a month ago, except I was fighting a cold/allergies most of the time. And while things are still going mostly well at the parish, I've also faced some new challenges that have affected me and sent me seeking my mentors. Can I just say, praise God for mentors?! It's so great to be able to talk to someone who really gets it from the inside and who has likely been through the same thing.
I think I'll end this here, and perhaps write a new post on a different topic.
No comments:
Post a Comment