Okay, I've gotten away from journaling/blogging and I'm realizing that that has been a really helpful thing in the past, so we'll see if I can be more intentional about it in the near future. At least in writing if I don't feel anonymous and/or safe enough to do it online.
In a nutshell:
Things are going pretty well at the parish, but have been busy.
A few snags:
upset a patriarch by printing (with a lead-in article to explain why) Bishop Gene Robinson's prayer for President Obama during inaugural events.
Hit a bit of a wall after working too many hours, too regularly, for too great a period of time. Taking some steps around that to be better in the future, hope to write more on that.
Highlights - what I've been up to October to now:
I've made it through Advent, Christmas, Stewardship, Annual Report & Annual Meeting, a 2nd funeral, my first Vestry Retreat (run by me that is, have attended others), Parochial Report (it has been filed online and a hard copy is at the diocese - woo hoo! They are due by March 1st/2nd), and my First Ash Wednesday on my own (this week). Getting ready for a bishop's visit. Took a several days of vacation time and just rested up in Mid-February.
Had my birthday nothing like something to remind you that you're getting older and are still single.
Health issues:
I was having some chest pressure. Had an ultrasound type thing (echo?), that was neat watching my heart beat live, and also a treadmill test. Good news is that heart is strong and there don't appear to be any blockages. Cholesterol is actually lower than what it's been in the past, which surprised me. But it could be better, and to help with that and keep things good with the heart the cardiologist said to exercise. So, I'm trying to decide if I'm going to join a local gym. A friend of mine just told me about Hoop Dancing. She thought I might like it because we were on drill team together in High School and twirled short-flags, some of the hula hoop dance stuff reminded her of our flag routines. Hmmmm... there may be a hula hoop or my own set of flags to play with in my future (always wanted my own pair, the ones we used in high school belonged to the school).
Also the perineal abscess continues to be a bit of a recurring problem. Blah. Went to see a specialist, he said to come back if/when the wound opens back up so he can see what's happening. Problem, it did open up but not only was it a busy week, it was also ahem my "girl time" and I really didn't want someone poking around in the lower region, plus what would he really be able to see? So I wait. Hopefully we can get this thing ultimately resolved if it continues like this. It'd be nice if it resolved on its own, but something tells me that's less likely.
One of the most recent things:
My poor car is pretty old. Is paid off, runs relatively well, but has a lot of miles, is old enough that it doesn't have safety features like air bags etc. I now live where there is winter and people in big SUVs to crash into me. So I've been doing research (yep... me and my info gathering skills combined with ADD hyperfocus) on new cars and have driven a couple this week. So far I like the Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Elantra Touring, the Honda Fit, and the Toyota Prius. I'm nervous about the financial commitment of getting a new car, but it seems to be about time. I will plan to keep this one for a while (hence the researching the heck out of it... you know gotta make the "right" choice), and it would be kind of nice to know I've got some of those safety features. So we'll see. I may actually have a car before the end of the weekend. Apparently the end of the month is the time to buy. So if I don't get one today, I should wait until the end of March or end of April if I'm going to get one in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment