Well... one master's degree that I didn't finish, a couple years of discernment and 3 years of seminary later, and today I will be awarded my Master of Divinity (M.Div.) degree.
On the one hand it feels like it's time. On the other hand it feels a little surreal, like... isn't it other people that are graduating (as I've watched the last two years)... no not us, can't be us already. Oh! Yep, I guess it is us... it's our turn.
Last night we had Evensong and received our seminary crosses, had a nice reception afterward. A friend of mine who actually first articulated my call to the priesthood to me was actually able to come over for that, so that was a nice bonus. My mom said later... oh I guess that's why they call it Evensong, because it's in the evening and it's all sung or chanted. :) Yep.
I better run along, they want us at the church early for photos, etc. and I need to leave here in about a half-hour.
It's been nice having my mom, sister and grandparents here to share all this with me.
1 comment:
Okay, clearly I'm late coming to this post! Congratulations on the degree, and thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Every once in a while I write about religious views, but only from a lay perspective. I hope you'll continue to visit and add insight when and where you can!
Post a Comment