Just a Brief Update. I will need to do more soon to fill in the last two months.
Graduation and Ordination are looming. 3 years, *poof* like that.
Last day of class next week, and the beginning of "goodbyes" and graduation the following week. Ordination currently scheduled for the beginning of June (God willing and the people consenting - they ordered invites... so that's a good sign!).
Now I find myself under a bit of stress: Juggling the end of semester (I have two 4-page papers I still need to knock out for Theology), graduation (need to pay off my seminary bill so I'm trying to find money for that and need to send out announcements to people), Ordination (got the approval of everyone when I went home in April to proceed and myself and the two others are pretty much done with our input and planning pieces of the service, also have people asking questions about stoles and graduation/ordination gifts).
And then there's the job search. Nothing open in our diocese that's suitable at the moment and so I'm looking high and low for assistant positions that might be a fit. They are not as easy to find as you might have thought.
Anyway, have my resume out to a couple places, and I have a phone interview this afternoon with a parish/rector that seem promising in terms of what I think I can bring and the situation I'd like to be in, and what I think I can learn.
Well, that's about all I should write for now. Should continue getting in the "zone" for this interview because I really feel drawn to be one of the ones they bring out to interview in person.
No comments:
Post a Comment