Trying to plan this trip has taken so much time and mental energy this week that I'm kind of blank when it comes to tomorrow's sermon. I have to clear my mind and let go of the trip temporarily while I figure something out for my sermon. I can do more trip planning tomorrow and this coming week.
Tomorrow we will we will do a special liturgy for our High School graduate. I heard about a custom of giving them a walking stick from someone. I liked the imagery of journey that it evokes so we have a very nice walking stick I purchased online at Brazos Walking-Sticks to give.
Also, tomorrow is Father's Day, so we will have a special prayer for Fathers. Not a fun day for me. My dad died from cancer when I was in Junior High and my step-dad died from cancer in 1997. Sometimes it's okay, but other times it dredges up stuff and makes me miss having them in my life, etc. I never know what kind of a day it's going to be.
I suppose I ought to go figure out a sermon.
No comments:
Post a Comment