I don't have much more than I did earlier in the week. I think processing about the mental block in previous post helped some. I will probably go with the Matthew text, that's were much of my energy has been this week. Too many ideas right now, need to figure out a main point/direction.
Been thinking about what it means to be seen, called, healed by Jesus and that he comes for us all, we are all sick in one way or another, even those who may not look marginalized who look like they have it all together on the outside. Jesus uses table fellowship to gather people to him, he seems to include anyone, not those of similar social standing.
Also thinking about Jesus telling the Pharisees to "go and learn" what it means that God desires mercy. Why did they need to learn? I think we tend to read this as judgemental - tsk tsk you just don't get it. What if Jesus is being compassionate, knows he's introducing something new and invites them in - this is some new stuff... go and learn, it may make more sense to you. What did they need to learn? What do we need to learn?
Lastly, I toyed with doing a first-person narrative as either Matthew, the bleeding woman, a Pharisee, or even Abraham - what was it like to be there, what might they have been thinking?
It will be interesting to see where it ends up. It's always kind of a mystery and a surprise.
1 comment:
How funny. I signed up for facebook about a month ago on a Saturday night. It's now one of my first/worst procrastination activities.
Post a Comment