Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Saturday & Crazyauntpurl

Another Saturday.
Sermon: in typical fashion most Saturdays is still in scribbly-note brain-storming, mulling over mode. Still contemplating the snakes from OT reading representing sin & brokeness and needing to be acknowledged, seen, brought into the "light" to be healed (since John references the OT reading), a la my Tues Lectionary Leaning comment at Rev Gals.

Rented "Snakes on a Plane" last night. :) But for some reason decided to watch "Capote" instead. Interesting to watch him explore the crime, feel something in common with one of the murderers, and wrestle with his own "stuff" and the situation in general. I don't think it will be brought in tomorrow, but could make for future sermon fodder.

I might actually be selling my old car in the next several days. Apparently the Schwann man saw it where it's parked at one my parisioner's (not enough room here to have both cars in the driveway), and has a brother-in-law looking for an extra car that gets better gas mileage than the huge suburban thing he's driving around. I met him at their house last night and showed it to him and we took it for a test drive. Interesting as I drove it, it seemed harder to steer (getting spoiled by power-steering in new car already), and I noticed every squeek and groan it made on the bumpy road. I don't think it got noisier, I think I was so used to it I never noticed it, until I've now started to become accustomed to the quieter new car. Thursday evening spoke to my mom and said that someone was interested in it. She said don't worry about trying to bring it back out there, just get rid of it the easiest way possible. I said yeah, but there's a lot of history with that car, I'm kind of attached to it. She basically said get over it, and move on. I'm trying.

Spent some time this morning reading several chapters of "Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk, Divorced & Covered in Cat Hair,", based on her blog: www.crazyauntpurl.com and true story of how she picked up knitting as a hobby as a 30-something who's husband decides to leave her to get his "creativity" back. I recommend it. :) I could defintely relate. No, I'm not in a crisis like she was and I don't drink lots of wine like she was (in fact the little four-pack of white zin I bought at New Year's just in case I wanted some wine still sits untouched in the bottom of my fridge. I'm not divorced or getting divorced, but I've broken up with 2 long-term relationships and I remember what it was like, and the questions about what the future now looks like. And I can relate to not really wanting to cook, to being overwhelmed and fascinated by all the choices in the grocery store, and in a profession where I often wear black, I often have white cat fur attached to me. She's both real and entertaining. I look forward to reading more. :)

The rest of today.
As soon as clergy shirts are done washing and I go hop in the shower I'm off to an ordination this afternoon. I know I'll be happy to be there once I'm there, but in the moment would rather stay home and do housework, work, watch "Snakes on a plane" etc. But going is supportive. It pays back for those who made the effort to come to my ordinations, and it helps connect me to more people in the diocese.

Better run so I have a hope of being on time.

No comments: