Well, despite my grumbling about needing to get out so I'm not just rattling around my apartment by myself that's pretty much what I've done today.
It's been a pajama, pizza, jazz, and internet party in my house today. It's 6:00 p.m. and I haven't left the house, haven't left my pajamas. It's been a down-time and relaxing day listening to jazz, eating some pizza, trying to get photos to download off my camera that I took at the coast over Thanksgiving (and encountering technical difficulties for some reason... that was annoying, I hope the camera isn't about to die on me or something, even if it isn't the greatest camera).
I was planning to go roam craft stores today, do some unpacking, maybe some baking, get some cleaning done. Uhhhh.... nope. So much for those plans. Although I could still get something done in the next couple hours.
Also... some of the stores are open until 10pm tonight, still have four hours. :)
Part of my lack of productivity could be because I'm not on my ADD med today and I didn't drink any coffee or other caffeine in lieu of it either. Decided to sleep in (and you don't want to take it too late in the day or it can affect being able to fall asleep easily). But it had felt like a hectic week, so I think I also needed a day to regroup. Had also put off journaling for a long time, so it felt good to catch up on some of that too.
C said that there's a group reading a book about keeping Sabbath, and then you're given little exercises to try out (one of the exercises I remember him mentioning was to take a nap - I said that sounds like a book for me! *grin*). Sounds like a good book. I'd like to check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment