Saturday, December 02, 2006

Updates and Settling In

Wow... can't believe it's been so long since I wrote. I have written a little in my written journal. So a few posts to do some quick updating.

I'm settling in more here. A few weeks ago, near the beginning of November, I *finally* managed to get the last of my stuff from the apartment in old city and do a lot of cleaning. It sure felt good to have that done and no longer hanging over my head, no longer feeling split between two places. Can just focus on settling in here in the new city. It took a while to accomplish because I was dealing with sinus problems/head cold crud off and on for a month and I just didn't have the extra energy until I finally kicked whatever it was. My new doctor gave me a steroid shot and that seemed to help a lot.

I've been doing some unpacking, decorating, nesting, just trying to settle in and make my place my own. How do I want it to *feel* and look like? What do I want to come home to, etc. I've decided to go comfortable, earthy, natural or outdoorsy - I don't know hard to describe. I've got a bowl with seashells and a shadowbox with a few shells, a bowl with riverstones, a couple throwpillows with palmtrees and a couple pictures with palmtrees, a candle with sticks in the wax on kind of a bamboo wooden plate thingy. Candles.

I have real living room furniture. Poofy and comfortable, microfiber/microsuede type fabric. Chocolate brown sofa and sky blue loveseat, chair and ottoman - came with brown/tan/blue throwpillows. Two end tables and coffeetable, simple/clean lines design (kind of transitional) in a dark cherry color, and two lamps with these crinkled paper shades. Decided not to go with reclining furniture - heavier, harder to move, kitties might get curious and wander around inside when the footrest was up.

Got a real TV too. Will get cable service in a couple weeks.

Still have considerable unpacking to do too and a few more pieces of furniture to get that's being held at rector's house, really need to schedule a day to get those. Kind of hard to unpack books without a bookshelf, heh!

Maybe I'll post photos of furniture.

No comments: