I just remembered another thing I've done this week to "celebrate". I went to the mall armed with some Christmas money. My goal was to buy some of my favorite vanilla perfume from Victoria Secret since they were having a sale.
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=SH-184919&page=1&cgname=OSFRGWOMZZZ&rfnbr=2543&pn=false
On the way there I passed The Body Shop. Well of course I had to go in. :)
I was drawn to a display where you can mix and match fragrances to come up with the kind of scent you want. Coooool!
http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/sub_category.jsp?cm_re=default-_-Navigation-_-Fragrance-Invent_Your_Scent&categoryId=cat300003
I was good. I didn't do the impulse buy. I went to Victoria's Secret and bought just the one bottle of Vanilla Lace perfume (not on sale that way, needed to buy 3 for the special price, but I wanted to reserve money in case I decided to buy at The Body Shop).
So then I went back and smelled them again.
Yep... still liked the three I'd liked before, by themselves and also mixed together. Darn it. Wasn't planning to spend that much on fragrance. But I thought... hey. I've been in a scent rut for a long time. Maybe it's a good thing to branch out and try something new. Maybe it's a good sign that I'm wanting to change something as personal as the scent of fragrance that I'm willing to wear and have associated with me.
Of course I will admit that these scents aren't drastically far afield from my norm. I tend to prefer vanilla or something fruity - nothing WAY musky or flowery.
So one that I bought is a mixture of Vanilla, Chocolate, and Jasmine... oh I can remember the smell of the night-blooming jasmine in the yard of a grandmotherly neighbor as we played outside on summer nights as children.
So... I bought Amorito
http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp?productId=prod160508
Aztique (which is sweet, fruity and a bit flowery):
Fragrance Notes - Top: Aqua Leaf Accord, Bosc Pear Accord, White Peach, Banana, Lime Peel Heart: Cyclamen, Rose, Lily of the Valley Bottom: Sandalwood, Amber, Blonde Woods, Musk.
http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp?productId=prod160498
And Citrella (which smells lemony/citrus-y):
Fragrance Notes - Top: Pink Grapefruit, Kumquat, Orangey, Cranberry Heart: Gardenia, Jasmine, Pink Freesia.
http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp?productId=prod160496
At first I felt a bit guilty and considered taking something back for a refund, since I'm poor and all. But my sister said that she thought I should keep it. It was Christmas money to buy something for myself, it won't collect dust, I will use it, and it should last a while. Okay... since I really liked them, it wasn't too hard for her to twist my arm and convince me to keep them. :)
So I've had fun smelling a bit different the last couple days. Mmmm!
1 comment:
I confess: I have not read all the entries leading up to this most reason, but am I correct to assume your celebration is still associated with GOEs? If so, good for you! I've been remiss about extending my celebration - beginning to get anxious about the results and have had a couple of "surprises" in the mail in years past from the diocese in this process :( Aargh. . . But, you have inspired me to re-celebrate a bit more (regardless of pending results) just because! I'll have to come up with something other than the scent-o-thon though because I've got MAJOR allergies!
Post a Comment