Email excerpts to Dr. H. January 11, 2006:
Looking forward to tomorrow's appointment. Maybe we can talk some about:
a) Never finished incompletes even though I understood what was going on - so now I need to still do those.
b) Spent considerable time over Christmas break as couch potato-pajama wearing woman, that was a little scary. It had me worried about depression.
c) The GOE experience. (what it was like during, how I feel after?)
I think I mentioned that I realized during GOEs that knowledge/growth can happen so gradually that we don't realize it until pushed to the wall and feet to the fire, forced to apply it like GOEs. Even on questions I ran out of time on, I knew where to find info and felt I could finish it/answer it better (especially places where it turned to sketchy outline) given more time. So I realized I have been learning the sorts of things I'll need when I get out there, so that was positive and affirming, even if I was grumbly about how the question itself turned out.
You said when GOEs were over I should celebrate.
What I've been doing since GOEs. I haven't done a whole lot of celebrating.
Friday night they had a little party with snacks for us so I went to that for a while. Spent some time over the weekend and last couple days talking to some friends, sleeping, relaxing, and vegging on some movies to let my brain recover.
Made it to the gym to do the treadmill Saturday afternoon and yesterday, and got my computer hooked back up in my apartment yesterday. Have to lead Evening Prayer and give a little Homily (sermon) tonight at my field ed. I have a few thoughts about that, but need to figure out what I'm going to say since it's 11:15am and I need to have it figured out before I head to the church at 5pm. Been checking airfares today to go to diocesan convention to network and catch up on what's happening in my diocese (same weekend as my b-day so I'll get to see some family around my b-day).
I'm realizing how fast the next semester is going to go, and how quickly the last 2.5 years have gone by. Before we know it we're going to be done, graduating, classmates scattered across the U.S., and God willing I'll be being ordained as a deacon the first weekend of June in *hometown*, and a year from now to the priesthood.
Better go, see you tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment