I only have a minute, I'm going to a green living expo thingy with a friend who called an hour ago, siad they give you do-dads to help remember their products, like trick-or-treating for adults. Okay, I had nothing on my agenda for today, I'm game. :)
I went to see Dr. H. on Thursday (and medical Dr. too). I'll have to write more about these appointments later, but wanted to write about one thing now.
Dr. H. started our appt. by saying that he had been to my photo album of GOE pictures (I'd sent him an invite). He liked the photos. He said he was impressed when he saw them. His first thought was it didn't look so much ADHD as someone obsessive (later clarified that most folks can't make it through a demanding Grad School program without having some obsessive traits). But then he said, actually it looks like someone who is disorganized really trying to be in control of the environment.
I said, exactly! That was the plan. I didn't want anything to get in the way and I was trying to avoid any pitfalls.
He said that actually I'd thought about most everything (ibuprofen, snacks, etc.) and I should load it on a CD or somehow pass the advice onto other students who have to take GOEs in the future. Heh! Then I said that actually my Rector at my home parish had responded to the photo album by writing back that I was "creative" and I wasn't exactly sure what she was getting at, and a friend of mine had also responded by saying something like "how did you think of all those things, did others tell you what you'd need, I don't know if I would have thought of all those things."
I think part of it was my own trying to anticipate what I might want/need what might help me avoid any problems, but also hearing other Seniors prepare the last two years and reading some suggestions on various seminary websites. It all kind of globbed together and that's what I ended up with.
Better run... green-living expo and friend are waiting!
More later.
1 comment:
Hi, bythesea! I saw your comment but I was unable to respond for awhile. Thanks for the linkage. I'm glad you survived GOEs and I loved the photos--brought back many memories (including the moment when my cat sprawled over my Systematic Theology notes in the midst of the Trinity question).
Peace!
Post a Comment